San Francisco 49ers: #59
Position: Defensive End / Linebacker
Team: San Francisco 49ers
Experience: 4th season with 49ers
- Appeared in 7 games (3 starts) and recorded 12 tackles and 1.5 sacks.
- Took down Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston for a 4-yd. loss vs. TB (10/23), marking his first sack of the season.
- Combined with DL Ronald Blair to sack QB Bryce Petty vs. NYJ (12/11).
- Part of a 49ers defense that allowed 177 net yds. (99 rush, 78 pass) at LAR (12/24), the fewest given up by the 49ers defense in a single game since 11/19/12 vs. Chi. (143; 85 rush, 58 pass).
- Played in 14 games (13 starts) and set career-highs with 46 tackles and 6.5 sacks.
- Registered a sack of Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater, the seventh of his career, on fourth down late in the 4th qtr. to seal the victory vs. Min. (9/14).
- Recorded the first multi-sack game of his career vs. GB (10/4/15), taking down Packers QB Aaron Rodgers twice for a total of 15-yds.
- Played in 16 games (3 starts) and registered 23 tackles, 6.0 sacks and 4 PDs. His 6.0 sacks on the season ranked 3rd in the NFL among rookies [StL DT Aaron Donald – 8.0; Ind. LB Jonathan New- some – 6.5].
- On the first series of the game vs. Chi. (9/14), blocked a punt by Bears P Patrick O’Donnell, giving the 49ers the ball at the Bears 8-yd. line. The blocked punt led to a 3-yd. TD pass from QB Colin Kaepernick to WR Michael Crabtree.
- Registered his first career sack at Den. (10/19), dropping Broncos QB Peyton Manning for a 7-yd. loss.
Played in 24 games (16 starts) and totaled 63 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR, 19.5 TFLs and 3 PDs during his collegiate career. In 2013 at the University of South Florida, earned First-Team All-AAC honors after playing in 12 games (10 starts), and recording 30 tackles, a team-leading 6.0 sacks and 12.5 TFLs, 1 FR and 1 PD. In 2012, red- shirted after transferring from Notre Dame. As a true freshman for the Irish, earned Freshman First-Team All-America honors by the Football Writers Association of America. Played in 12 games (6 starts), and totaled 33 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 FF, 7 TFLs and 2 PDs.
- Attended Island Coast (Cape Coral, FL) HS where he was selected to first-team all-state, Florida Times-Union Super 75 squad, Flori- da Athletic Coaches Association Division 16 team and Fort Myers News-Press All-Area.
- Ranked as the 3rd best DE and 15th best prospect overall in the ESPN 150 rankings while at Island Coast HS.
- Majored in interdisciplinary social science.
- Married to Gabriela Lynch. The two have one son, Messiah Na- thaniel Lynch, and are expecting a boy, Samson John Lynch.
- Born Aaron N. Lynch (2/8/93) in Cape Coral, FL.
- Lynch draws his passion for the game from his mother, who had a much more difficult task than competing in football. “She was a single mom for 20 years. I learned a lot of morals and values from my mother.” As the oldest of three children, Lynch was forced to grow up quickly.
- During the 2013 offseason, Lynch volunteered at a local PetSmart in an effort to promote pet adoption. While working, L ynch was assigned a pit bull-bulldog mix as his first dog to assist with adoption. He created such a bond with the puppy, that Lynch himself decided to bring “King” home with him.